Please have a read
B & B Rules
We are pleased to welcome you to Blue Horizon Bed and Breakfast, Southbroom and invite you to read the following rules, mainly based on common sense and mutual respect.
The reservation can be made through email or phone. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount is due on booking. The balance must be paid by EFT, 7 days prior to arrival. No overnight stays are refunded for early departures.
We require a minimum of 2 nights stay.
You will forfeit:
100% Of the total booking value, if a booking is cancelled 7 days before arrival.
75% Of the total booking value, if a booking is cancelled 14 days before arrival.
50% Of the total booking value, if a booking is cancelled 21 days before arrival.
25% Of the total booking value, if a booking is cancelled 30 days before arrival.
As we are a Bed and Breakfast, we do not have a reception service available. Guests are requested to advise us, by email, or phone of their expected time of arrival, by the very latest, the morning of arrival.
Unless special requests are made, check-in is between 14h00 and 17h00. As a guest, in a relationship of mutual trust, you will be given the keys to your room, to the main entrance and a remote for the automatic gate, in order to be independent. The keys are not to be given to any other persons, that is not a guest of Blue Horizon Bed and Breakfast, without exception. This is done for safety reasons, for both you and ourselves. The keys must be returned on the day of departure. If your keys are lost, there will be a charge of up to R 600.00 (per set of keys), to cover the costs of replacing the remote and keys.
At your arrival, you need to produce an ID (identification document) for the registration.
Your personal data will be treated with the highest of confidentially.
For reasons of security, it is forbidden to allow access to anyone, other than guests, onto the property, at any time, unless previously discussed with and agreed to, by the owner.
Children aged 12 and older are welcome.
A minimum of 2 guests per room is permitted.
Parking is available in our courtyard.
The Swimming Pool
• Guests are welcome to make use of the pool, at their on risk.
• Please ensure that children do not go near the pool without adult supervision.
• Please be considerate to other guests by keeping the pool area tidy and the noise level reasonable, as there are rooms situated next to the pool.
Please be considerate to other guests by keeping the common areas tidy and the noise level reasonable.
Breakfast is served at a time agreed to on the previous day, which is available between 07h00 and 09h00. Please advise us of any dietary requirements. Please note that we may not be able to meet these requirements, should we not be advised timeously.
The kitchen is there for the purpose of preparing breakfast for our guests. However, should you wish to make use of the kitchen for self-catering purposes, all 3 rooms at our Bed and Breakfast are to be booked by yourself. for the duration of your stay. Please contact us for a quotation.
Code of Conduct at Blue Horizon
• Smoking is not permitted in the house; however, you may smoke on the terrace. Please ask the owner for an ashtray.
• It is not permitted to use flammables for heating, cooking or the like, irons, candles, etc, in the guest rooms, or common areas, without the consent of the Bed and Breakfast owner. Cooking and eating of food in the rooms is not permitted.
• The Bed and Breakfast is not available for business activities, parties, or for any purposes other than accommodation, without the consent of the Bed and Breakfast owner.
• It is recommended to maintain a behaviour that will not affect the tranquillity of other guests at any time of the day.
• Guests will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury they may cause, or incur on the premises.
• Please switch off lights, air conditioning, TV, and other devices when you are outside of the rooms, due to our struggling power supply in South Africa and (as we are an energy conservative entity) we appreciate the effort.
• Ensure that all windows and sliding doors are closed and locked, due to monkeys being able to gain access through these areas and could wreak havoc.
• Each one of our rooms is equipped with a mini bar containing a variety of drinks and snacks.
• Blue Horizon Bed and Breakfast is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to personal belongings, or items left unattended.
• Blue Horizon Bed and Breakfast is not liable for any delay due to a total, or a partial, lack of supply such as electricity, water, or connection to the internet, which we have no control over.
• The rooms are equipped with everything you will need during your stay, including bed sheets, duvets, pillows, towels, hair-drier etc. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask and we will do our best to accommodate you.
The owners of Blue Horizon Bed and Breakfast are dedicated to the protection of our planet’s resources and encourage our guests to help us by:
• Switching off lights when not in use;
• Ensuring that taps are always turned off after use;
• Avoiding the unnecessary use of towels – just use what you need!;
• We will sort the recyclable rubbish collected from guest rooms i.e. paper, plastic, metal and glass.
Daily cleaning operation
The rooms and common areas are cleaned daily between 09h00 14h00. Guests are asked to leave the room available for at least 45 minutes during this time, to allow for your rooms to be cleaned. There will be no further cleaners available thereafter, until the following day. We request you to pack your belongings away, in order to facilitate the cleaning. Please do not throw any foreign matter in the toilet, however, we request you to make use of the appropriately supplied bin.
Should you wish to book all 3 rooms for self-catering, cleaning will be available on request. These dates will need to be arranged 7 days prior to arrival, at R 250.00 per day, with Sundays being charged at double the daily cleaning rate, as we make use of a cleaning service.
The room must be vacated by 10h00 on the day of departure, to allow for final cleaning of the room.
The adherence to these House Rules is compulsory. The right of admission is reserved.
We thank you in advance for your co-operation.
We wish you a pleasant and enjoyable stay at Blue Horizon Bed and Breakfast, Southbroom.